About JFSA Care At HomeJewish Family Service Association of Cleveland [JFSA], a private non-profit organization, was founded in 1875. JFSA carries out its mission to serve individuals and families in crisis and in need of human and social services regardless of religious affiliation, age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.
Programs and services are delivered in five areas:
1. JFSA Care at Home: Older Adult Services and Home Care, assisting older individuals to live safely and securely in the comfort of his or her own home. These include: family consultation, counseling/case management, home delivered meals, home management assistance, Holocaust Survivor program, personal emergency response system, skilled nursing and private duty home care.
2. Families at Risk: Safety-net services for homeless or at-risk women and families experiencing domestic violence, including individual counseling and support groups, emergency shelter, emergency and short-term housing, justice system advocacy and legal assistance, community education and professional training, and healthy teen relationship educational programming.
3. Ascentia: Pathways to Community Living: Community-based behavioral health and developmental disability support services and housing for individuals with mental and developmental disabilities.
4. College Financial Aid Program: Scholarships, loans and grants for college-bound students.
5. Alyson’s Place Medical Clinic: Primary health care services for clients.
JFSA Care at Home is proud to be recognized a TOP 500 Agency as designated by HomeCare Elite, which annually identifies the top 25 percent of agencies nationwide as well as a TOP 25 Home Care Agency in Patient Satisfaction.
MEMBER: Jewish Federation of Cleveland, United Way Services, Association of Jewish Family and Children’s Agencies (AJFCA), International Association of Jewish Vocational Services (IAJVS), Ohio Council of Behavioral Healthcare Providers, Ohio Council for Homecare, Ohio Providers Resource Association, Ohio Domestic Violence Network, Jewish Women International, Tina Project, Mental Health Advocacy Coalition (MHAC), National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI Ohio), Greater Cleveland Security Council.
CERTIFIED: Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services, Medicare and Medicaid. LICENSED: Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services, Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD).
ACCREDITED: Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
CONTRACT AGENCY: Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board of Cuyahoga County, Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities, Geauga County Board of Developmental Disabilities, Summit County Board of Developmental Disabilities, Western Reserve Area Agency on Aging (WRAAA), PASSPORT, Cuyahoga County Department of Human Services, Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.
JFSA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. A Drug-Free Workplace. Proud to serve all families regardless of religious affiliation.